Sunday, November 25, 2007

Jeans in transit, shoes, more online jeans.

BY TAHI MOORE

The Levi's havent arrived yet. So there's nothing to talk about. Here's some filler.

SHOES.

Lots of people in Vans. They're tricky shoes. Sometimes they work and most of the time thery're tricky. The soles are chunky. The side stripey logo can go all wrong when the colours don't match up or when the colours do match up. They should probably be bought from Cheapskates. I'm only guessing.

Clarks are usually pretty good. They don't have a whole range of styles. You get them in suede. All the colours are fine. Black ones don't weather as well as the brown ones. T J Clarks in Queens arcade at the bottom of Queen st and Customs St tend to have the full range.

MORE ONLINE JEANS.

Looked for somewhere that will sell Uniqo jeans. Apparently they have funny sizes. They only sell through their own shops I think so you can't really buy them I think. Anyway shopping for jeans sight unseen has got to be very wrong. If Levi's have the genuine article, which is still being shipped out to me so I really can't tell yet, and jeans have turned into some kind of craftstyle, then I guess those Japanese jeans are probably the real thing of now. I've found something online that doesn't have pocket art or even rivets and only come in small medium and large. Apparently Levi's is trying to law control stop all japan jeans. It's about branding I'm sure but in this warped narrative it is a declaration for craftsyle to be the new real. Sort of.

Maybe I'm going to have to buy some of these, or maybe I'm just going to have to craftsyle my own. But not before the shrink to fit classic style universal jeans that anyone can get has been tested.



***

No comments: